Is Your Son Struggling
With Behavior Problems?
For 50 years, Our Christian Residential Treatment Centers for Youth Have Been Helping Behavior Problems in Teens.
Our therapeutic program is designed to help your son when…
- His behavior or anger is simply out of control
- Counseling and other outpatient treatments are not working
- Behavioral problems are worsening despite promises to change
- He is placing his (or your) health or relationships at risk
- He is expelled from school or facing legal problems
- He is entangled with friends who are a negative influence
Wilderness therapy has long been a powerful therapeutic tool to help troubled teens turn around in their behavior. Our program combines wilderness therapy with a therapeutic boarding school and sober living environment, plus ongoing mentoring by our expert team. We use adventure and physical activity because boys tend to listen and communicate more as they are active versus sitting in a counseling room. We regularly go camping, backpacking, rappelling, canoeing, swimming, hiking, and spelunking (rock climbing and cave exploration). Through shared adventure in the wilderness, the boys learn the importance of teamwork, goals, and perseverance while developing better communication skills and improving their respect for each other and our staff. On campus, boys also experience therapy-based activity through our certified ropes course and zip line, rock climbing wall, equine therapy, team sports, CrossFit physical training, and various indoor and outdoor sports.
While working with horses under the guidance and supervision of an equine therapist, equine therapy patients have a unique and effective opportunity to note their tendency to engage in self-defeating and otherwise negative thoughts and actions. These realizations provide excellent bases for discussion and processing during and after the equine therapy experience.
- Emotional awareness
- Stress tolerance
- Impulse control
- Problem-solving skills
- Social responsibility
- Interpersonal relationships
50 Years of Experience Helping Troubled Teens
As you search for Christian residential treatment centers for youth, consider Teen Challenge Ranch. Our program in Arkansas offers a nurturing environment where teenage boys 14-17 can find unconditional support and guidance. If your child is suffering from behavior issues or depression or is making choices that cause harm to himself or others, we are here to help.
Since 1973, we’ve been here to help boys suffering from a variety of personal issues, mainly including self-destructive behavior and thoughtless attitudes, failing in school or school expulsion, addictions and drug use, reactive attachment disorder, attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADD/ADHD), PTSD, and depression.
Our licensed troubled boys home provides a place for families to get help for their addicted or disturbed boy when all else has failed. We provide a structured but adventure-filled environment, a loving Christian atmosphere, and expert intervention for behavioral issues and addictions. By God’s grace, we have seen even the most oppositional and troubled boys transform their lives and become young men of character and integrity.
Behavior problems in teens typically experience academic failure, so we work with our students to help them get back on track academically.
- Individual Tutoring – We provide personal help to boys who are struggling academically. Diagnostic testing is provided to students upon entry into the program. Learning gaps and educational deficits are identified. Information is sought from previous schools, and an individually tailored academic plan is put in place for each student.
- Fully Accredited Classes – Students may continue their progress toward a high school diploma by taking fully accredited classes at our Private Christian School. Our teachers and counselors also lead our faith-based character-building training courses with the boys, a key aspect of our overall program. We utilize landmark books by today’s leading evangelical Christian authors to teach key concepts, and of course, the boys are immersed in daily biblical instruction. Christian speakers and musicians regularly come to our campus to provide spiritual instruction, encouragement, and motivation, and the boys are taken to off-campus spiritual events.
- GED Preparation – In 2021, Teen Challenge Adventure Ranch became an official GED Testing Center so students can prepare and take their GED test on campus. Many students who come to Teen Challenge lack sufficient high school credit to obtain their diplomas on time. For this reason, several students choose to pursue their GED while at Teen Challenge. Students work directly with the GED coordinator to develop a tailored study and preparation plan. Students participate in guided research, and tutoring is provided in areas where improvement is needed. Teen Challenge works closely with the local GED testing center. To date, all students who have completed our GED preparation classes have obtained their GED on the first testing.