Faith-Based Therapy For Troubled Boys
“For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” (Jeremiah 29:11)
We believe God has a purpose and a plan for every boy who comes to Teen Challenge. It’s not just about teaching boys how to stay out of trouble. It’s about seeing our students reach their full potential and experience the hope and future God intended them to have. We believe that every boy that comes to us has the potential to become a man of character and integrity. Their attitudes can be positive, and they can be successful in their relationships with others. All of these elements are presented in a loving Christian environment.
Teen Challenge utilizes an integrated model of intervention. Our intervention methods are Biblically-based and incorporate concepts and techniques from various psychological approaches.
Our program uses behavioral elements, experiential activities, therapeutic interventions, and social/interpersonal activities. All of these elements are presented in a loving Christian environment.
IS YOUR BOY ADDICTED TO A CHEMICAL SUBSTANCE OR GAMING?
We are a dual-diagnosis, licensed addiction treatment facility helping teenage boys recover from addictions and/or out-of-control behavior. Addiction recovery services and licensed addiction counseling are a regular part of the treatment since addiction often co-exists with troubling behavior. According to multiple outcomes studies, Teen Challenge’s success rate in dealing with addictions tops the industry.
Helping a Student Regain Control of His Behavior
- Our program helps students regain control of their behavior by helping them to recognize the unproductive patterns in their lives and encouraging them to seek new solutions to life’s problems and difficulties.
- We believe students can and should take responsibility for their behavior and choices. While life tragedies or difficulties may contribute to a boy’s problematic behavior, a child can learn to make better choices regardless of his situation or past. Effective solutions to life’s difficulties can be found, and healing from life’s hurts can be experienced.
Mental and Behavioral Therapies
Our methods are Biblically-based and incorporate concepts and techniques from various psychological approaches, including:
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT)
- Evidence-Based Therapies
- Individual Therapy
- Family Therapy
- Group Therapy
- Adventure Therapy
- Sand Tray Therapy
- Motivational Interviewing
- Crisis Management
- Psycho-Educational Therapy
- Equine-Assisted Psychological Therapy
- Accelerated Resolution Therapy (ART)
Our Basic Program:
New Adventure Treatment Center (90-Day Treatment Program)
- Day Treatment/IOP programs
- Limited Boarding School Classes
Adventure Ranch Therapeutic Boarding School
After completing the 90-day treatment program, clients enroll in TCAR’s boarding school, where they can access Day Treatment and Outpatient clinical services as appropriate.
- Approximately six months. Maybe shorter or longer based on client progress.
- Full boarding school schedule
- Classes are scheduled to accommodate continued treatment
- Day Treatment and outpatient clinical services are provided as appropriate.
- Level 4 Successful transition outside of the program.
- Six months minimum
The first 9-12 months occur in residence at Teen Challenge Adventure Ranch, and the last six months take place after the child returns home and enters our Aftercare program.