Affordable Boarding School and Therapeutic Recovery Program Designed Just for Troubled Teenage Boys
Affordable Christian Boarding School and Therapeutic Recovery Program for Boys
Teen Challenge Adventure Ranch gives troubled boys a new start in life. Boys age 14-17 come to the ranch in Northwest Arkansas from across America. We help at-risk boys who struggle with behavior and troubling issues such as: failing grades, expelled from school, anger, defiance, attention deficit, deceit, drug or alcohol abuse, trouble with the law, or general disrespect for parents and other authority figures. This adventure-based residential program offers a unique opportunity for troubled boys to discover and begin to live a more productive life. For 40 years we have been turning around troubled teens, remaking them into happy, purpose-driven, respectful young men.
Seeking placement for your troubled child can be an overwhelming task. There are many centers to choose from. Each has different strengths and weaknesses. We know that it is important to you to find the best possible placement for your child.
Below is a list of some factors that set our program apart from others. The list is not exhaustive, but it does reflect some of the things that parents often find important when deciding where their child should go. Please take a moment to review these items. Call us with any questions that you may have.
• Private Rooms — One of few programs of its kind that allows students to have their own private room instead of being in a bunkhouse atmosphere.
• Strong Academic Program— Our center will ensure that your boy gets caught up and excels in his education.
• Relapse Prevention — Where other programs fail to follow up with their residents after they return home, we provide six months of aftercare at no added cost. This ensures a smooth transition back home and helps tremendously in the boy’s ability to maintain what they have been taught on our campus.
• A Christ-Centered Approach — We are a faith-based, Christ-centered organization with curriculum, teaching, program format and style of intervention all biblically-based.
• An Experienced Team — Our therapeutic team has approximately 150 years of combined experience in working with troubled boys and their families.
• An Established Program and Organization — We have been helping young men and their families for the past 40 years.
• High Success Rate — Our success rate is up to 20 times higher than other similar type programs.
• Low Student to Staff Ratios — In order to provide the best possible intervention to your child, we maintain low student to staff ratios.
• Success Where Others Have Failed — It is not uncommon for our center to be successful with students who were dismissed from other programs.
• Adventure-Based Learning — Students enjoy camping, backpacking, rappelling, canoeing, and spelunking. All activities are led by experienced staff and are conducted in a safety conscious manner.
• Vocational Skills Training — Students are given the opportunity to learn basic vocational skills such as: woodworking, basic electrical, construction and carpentry, basic automotive, and a variety of other skills.
• Missions Trips — Students are given the opportunity to take part in a Missions trip. Young men who were once selfishly motivated become more interested in the well-being of others as they progress through our program. They learn to have an intense desire to work hard and serve others, so these missions trips can be one of the highlights of their time here.
• Licensed and Checked — We are state licensed and all of our staff have been thoroughly background checked and screened. Our staff are committed Christian believers who have a heart to help teenage boys and their families.
• Remote Location — Our 31-acre campus is surrounded by national parks and the beautiful Ozark Mountains.
A Christian Program Featuring Adventure-Based Therapy for Struggling Teenagers
This Adventure Ranch was the very first Teen Challenge® therapeutic boarding school for teenage boys. We are the only such program that provides private bedrooms for the boys, which we believe is important. Our energetic counselors and caring staff encourage the boys to apply faith-based solutions to life’s problems, and we actively teach that a personal relationship with God is the primary means and source of power for a boy change. We endeavor to help troubled boys become mentally sound, academically proficient, emotionally balanced, socially adjusted, physically well, and spiritually alive. Call us to learn more.
If nothing else is working, placing your boy in a residential program may be absolutely the right choice and the best chance for helping your troubled teen. Our program is designed to help when:
• When your boy’s behavior is out of control
• When counseling and other outpatient treatments aren’t working
• When you boy’s problems are persistent or even worsening despite promises to change
• When inappropriate behaviors are placing his (or your) health or life at risk
• When your boy is involved in illegal activities or drugs
• When your boy was expelled from school or is facing legal problems
• When your boy is deeply entangled with friends who are a negative influence
• When he keeps returning to negative behaviors even after periods of time when he has been doing well
• When your boy’s behaviors or attitudes could endanger his future
We are a dual-diagnosis facility, helping teenage boys recover from both addictions and self-destructive behavior. Addiction recovery services and drug and alcohol addiction counseling are offered as a regular part of the treatment at this rehab for boys, since substance abuse is often co-existent in troubled teens. According to multiple outcomes studies (click here to see them), our success rate in dealing with addictions tops the rehab industry.
Parents should consider carefully whether placement outside of the home is what is needed for their child. It is a very difficult decision. Please contact us or fill out the inquiry form on this site if you would like to discuss this with one of our admissions counselors.