Affordable Therapeutic Boarding School and Home Designed to Turn Around Troubled Boys
We are dedicated to helping troubled boys gain a new start in life. Boys ages 14-17 come to the ranch in Northwest Arkansas from across America. We help at-risk teens who struggle with behavior and troubling issues such as: falling grades, explosive anger, defiance, attention deficit, attachment disorders, drug or alcohol abuse, trouble with the law, or disrespect for authority. This adventure-based residential program for boys offers an opportunity for the troubled boys to discover a new and more productive future. We have been turning around troubled teens for the past 40 years, remaking them happy, purpose-driven, respectful young men.
Seeking placement for your troubled child can be an overwhelming task. There are many centers to choose from. Each has different strengths and weaknesses. We know that it is important to you to find the best possible placement for your child. Below is a list of some factors that set our organization apart from others. The list is not exhaustive, but it does reflect some of the things that parents often find important when deciding where their child should go. Please take a moment to review the items below. We would also invite you to continue to look through our website and to call us with any questions that you may have.
• Private Rooms — One of the few programs of its kind that allows students to have their own private room.
• Strong Academic Program— Our center has had tremendous success in helping boys further their education.
• Relapse Prevention — Our ministry has sought special training and certification in order to help your child be successful after he leaves our program.
• A Christ-Centered Approach — We are a faith-based, Christ-centered organization with curriculum, teaching, program format and style of intervention all biblically-based. This is the reason for the incredible history of success we have had over the years.
• An Experienced Team of Quality Staff Members — Our team has approximately 150 years of combined experience in working with troubled individuals and their families.
• An Established Program and Organization — We have been helping young men and their families for nearly 40 years.
• A History of Success — Our success rate is up to 20 times higher than other similar type programs.
• Low Student to Staff Ratios — In order to provide the best possible intervention to your child, Teen Challenge maintains low student to staff ratios.
• Success Where Others Have Failed — It is not uncommon for our center to be successful with students who were dismissed from other programs.
• Adventure-Based Learning — Students enjoy camping, backpacking, rappelling, canoeing, and spelunking. All activities are led by experienced staff and are conducted in a safety conscious manner.
• An Advisor Who Works Directly with You and Your Boy — Your advisor will be available to communicate with you and your family about your child’s progress.
• Vocational Education and Hands-On Skills Training — Students are given the opportunity to learn basic vocational skills such as: woodworking, basic electrical, construction and carpentry, basic automotive, and a variety of other skills.
• Missions Trips — Students are given the opportunity to take part in a Missions trip. It may be difficult to imagine your son being involved in such an endeavor at this point, but as God works in our students’ lives, their attitudes and desires change. Young men who were once selfishly motivated become more interested in the well-being of others. They have an intense desire to work hard and serve others on these trips. Our graduates often refer to these missions trips as one of the highlights of their time at Teen Challenge.
• Family Breaks and Home Visits — Extra home visits are made available as students advance through the program.
We are dedicated to operating our ministry with excellence, safety, and integrity. We are state licensed and accredited with honors with Teen Challenge USA. All of our staff have been thoroughly background checked and screened. They are committed Christian believers who have a heart to help teenage boys and their families. Several are even credentialed ministers.
Our 31-acre campus is surrounded by national parks and the beautiful Ozark Mountains.
When is the Program Needed?
Raising a troubled child is an overwhelming task for any parent. They face a mixture of heartbreak and anxiety as they watch their son make poor decisions for his life. For such families, placing their child in a residential program is absolutely the right choice and the best chance to help their son. Residential programs, however, are not the right choice for everyone, and the decision to place a troubled child outside of the home should not be entered into lightly.
A Christian Program Featuring Adventure-Based Therapy for Struggling Teenagers
Teen Challenge Adventure Ranch was the very first Teen Challenge® therapeutic boarding school for teenage boys. We are the only Teen Challenge program that provides private bedrooms for the boys, which we believe is important. Our energetic counselors and caring staff encourage the boys to apply faith-based solutions to life’s problems, and we actively teach that a personal relationship with God is the primary means and source of power for a boy change. We endeavor to help troubled boys become mentally sound, academically proficient, emotionally balanced, socially adjusted, physically well, and spiritually alive. Call us to learn more.